I have hydrocele my right testicle became larger than normal. When do doctors have to do surgery?

In brief: Hydrocele
I tell my pts that when the swelling becomes bothersome it may be time for surgery.
...Very small hydro else can be watched but usually grow....

In brief: Hydrocele
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: When it bothers you
Depends upon size of the hydrocele and how much discomfort is present specially when walking or exercising.
There is no rush for surgery, but a scrotal ultrasound is worth getting to rule out anything nasty going on with your testicle. Fyi: the famous writer george bernard shaw went thru many many years , until his death, with a huge hydrocele down to his knee because he didn't trust surgeons.

In brief: When it bothers you
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery