I am taking rest for sciatica from 1 week.How can I know that sciatica pain is healing? Wat is the anotomy behind sciatica nerve pain?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Weeks to Months

Generally most people can get relief from sciatic pain doing the conservative care within 3-6 weeks.
If it persists after that, it can take up to 6 months to heal by itself. You may still be a candidate for epidural steroid injections that may help relieve the pain while your body heals itself.

In brief: Weeks to Months

Dr. Zachary Levine
Neurosurgery

In brief: Sciatica

This term refers to pain in the distribution of the sciatic nerve.
If it is associated with weakness and sensory changes an MRI of the lumbar spine should be entertained. The nerve roots of the sciatic nerve can be compressed in the spine. The nerve itself can be compressed in the pelvis "piriformis syndrome." resting is good treatment for an initial episode. I recommend 2 - 3 weeks if rest.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Kevin Gill
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Sciatic

Pain is normal. Will be gone at one month.

In brief: Sciatic

Dr. Eric Weisman