My cousin has likely borderline personality disorder and I don't know how to deal with it?

Get help. I would reccommend getting some support from others perhaps relatives who care about your cousin and try to support her by being consistent, not getting involved or tolerating negative behaviors and encouraging her to get consistent help and support within the group of caring others you have assembled, or professionally.
Helpful resources. Some great resources are available. One of the best is stop walking on eggshells by paul mason and randi kreger. Highly recommended!
Borderline cousin. Stay supportive, avoid verbal confrontations, ignore personal attacks, & help him/her find a competent counselor who specializes in dialectical behavior therapy work.
Read up on it. Walking on eggshells is written 4 relatives spouses & friends of borderlines.