I have bee diagnosed with migraines with aura. Can I use anything to get rid of my visual changes?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Aura sign of Migrain
The aura is a sign of the coming migraine.
As such, it is a good signal to let you know to immediately treat the migraine. Treatment for the migraine will also take away the aura symptoms.

In brief: Aura sign of Migrain
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. John Trittschuh
Ophthalmology
In brief: Usually nothing.
Ophthalmic migraine is a common medical problem. It may or may not precede a migraine headache.
There is usually a strong family history of migraines. Since these occur from stress, food allergies, hormonal changes or nothing at all, it is difficult to avoid them. They are usually infrequent so a daily medication would be impractical. Beta blockers may help but have serious side effects.

In brief: Usually nothing.
Dr. John Trittschuh
Dr. John Trittschuh
Dr. Eric Weisman