I have a bad pain in my foot from just walking. But too young for arthritis, I think. What could it be?

Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is iritation of the plantar fascia which forms the arch of your foot and is probably the most common cause of foot pain in an otherwise healthy young person.
It is typically treated with a stretching program and a heel cup in the shoe. An orthopedic surgeon, physiatrist, or podiatrist can diagnose and treat.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Need exam
The most likely possiblities are plantar fasciits (heel spurs), interdigitial neuroma, or possible stress fractrue i would suggest an orthopedic exam with a possible xray or mri based on the exam.

In brief: Need exam
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine