I had a vaginal probe ultrasound last week. I'm quite nervous as to what they were looking for?

Dr. Stephen Sudler

In brief: Dpends on the reason

A vaginal probe ultrasound is used to provide a better view of the cervix (ifyou are pregnant), uterus and ovaries.
Many times these structures cannot be adequately evaluated using a transabdominal ultrasound. What they were looking for depends on the reason(s) your clinician ordered the ultrasound. It could be ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, lining thickness, or cervical length among others.

In brief: Dpends on the reason

Dr. Stephen Sudler
Dr. Stephen Sudler
Dr. Mary Vanko

In brief: Vaginal sono

Ask your doctor. I do vaginal probe sonos when i feel something abnomal in my exam. I have a portable sono in the office and do the exam myself while the patient watches on the screen.
I also do one when the patient is morbidly obese and a physical exam is impossible.

In brief: Vaginal sono

Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Adam Levy