I feel a strange fluttering in my chest and just sometimes. Could this be atrial fibrillation?

Dr. Michael Zevitz
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Possibly yes
However, there are many other types of arrhythmias that could cause the same symptoms.
Also, fluttering in the chest may not be even due to an arrhythmia. Go see a doctor.

In brief: Possibly yes
Dr. Michael Zevitz
Dr. Michael Zevitz
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
You can feel your pulse to see if it's irregular during an episode.
Sometimes what is called an event monitor can be placed to capture the heart's rhythm and have it analyzed by a cardiologist. You should have this evaluated since intermittent atrial fibrillation can lead to stroke and other serious problems.

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine