Why wasn't i given contrast fluid before my CT dcan to look for appendicitis?! the doc said my results were clear but how can they be?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Appendicitis

Contrast-enhanced, thin-section ct scanning has become the preferred imaging technique in the diagnosis of acute appendicitis, with a high diagnostic accuracy of 95-98%.
The literature suggests that limited helical ct scanning with rectal contrast is a highly accurate, time-efficient, cost-effective way to evaluate adult patients with equivocal presentations for appendicitis.

In brief: Appendicitis

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery