I cought strep throat from my cousin, and will it turn into scarlet fever like his did?

In brief: Possibly

Some strains of strep a strains carry an extra gene plasmid that controls the production of a chemical that enters the blood & causes the generalized red rash of scarlet fever.
Not all strep a strains do, but if you did catch strep from someone with the rash it would likely produce the same rash in you within 24hrs of the first fever. Early rx prior to firm establishment of the germ might stop it.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Paul Rogers
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Scarlet fever

Scarlet fever is due to a specific strain of the streptococcal bacteria.
You are at risk for scarlet fever but early pharyngitis treatment may help you avoid it.

In brief: Scarlet fever

Dr. Paul Rogers
Dr. Paul Rogers
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Penicillin within 10 days of onset will prevent scarlet fever. More important it is given for 10 days to prevent rheumatic fever.