My kid's grades are slipping and he seems distant. How can I determine is he's on drugs?

Dr. Bruce Martin

In brief: Testing

To determine if he is on drugs, blood and urine testing can be done.
However there are many reasons for getting poor grades and being more distant. I advise you to speak to your child in a nonthreatening manner and see if he can give you insight into what is going on. If you force him to get tested you may cause him to withdraw further from you. A counselor or psychologist may be very beneficial.

In brief: Testing

Dr. Bruce Martin
Dr. Bruce Martin
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Kids on Drugs

Suspect drug use by your child? Get a hair sample first.
You may find a drug screening kit online. Best is a urine sample to screen. Ask you son daughter for a urine sample. Your concern for his or her health should override your concern for not offending your child.

In brief: Kids on Drugs

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox