I am having episodes of facial pain and not sure if sinus. Should I try motrin and Advil (ibuprofen) first?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: See your PCP first
Your primary care provider can help you determine diagnosis, treatment or when it’s best to see a specialist and which specialist to see.
Your PCP will review your request and, if needed, refer you directly to a specialist or labs without an office visit. Take care.

In brief: See your PCP first
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry
In brief: You Could
Using otc medication is okay if you follow the directions but you should also want to find out why you are having facial pain.
If you cannot determine the cause of facial pain, then you will need to go to the doctors to see what the cause of your facial pain could be from.

In brief: You Could
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Scott Williams
Dentistry
In brief: You could.
If pain persists then consider seeing a physician or a dentist, especially if its been awhile since your last dental visit or and pain is located anywhere near you mouth.

In brief: You could.
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Neil Giddings
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Try Advil (ibuprofen)
If there is not a history of sinus trouble, over the counter pain meds are appropriate.
If pain persists see physician.

In brief: Try Advil (ibuprofen)
If pain persists see physician.
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Diagnosis first
I assume you've been having these episode awhile.
Some causes of facial pain are serious. You need to see a facial pain - TMJ expert. Perhaps an ENT doc. If no serious pathology, then OTC meds OK.

In brief: Diagnosis first
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Vikram Patel