I also have mild bulging disk. What does "mild" mean for me?

Dr. Robert Wallach
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Hard to say
"mild" bulge would be based on how the disc looks on mri.
This has nothing to do with whether or not the disc is painful. In fact, having disc bulges is normal as we age. However, a bulging disc can be painful. So, if you have back pain and a bulge they might (or might not) be related. If no pain, then no big deal. If needed, best to discuss with non-surgical spine specialist.

In brief: Hard to say
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Reza Karimi
Neurosurgery
In brief: Not much
A "mild" bulging disc is a relatively common finding in people with or without back pain.
This is often without any symptoms and is not usually of much concern.

In brief: Not much
Dr. Reza Karimi
Dr. Reza Karimi