How to reduce swollen ankles without using diuretics?

Elevation. Make sure when you sit that ou elevated your legs causing excess fluid from settling on your ankles. Also you can obtain tight stockings at a medical supply store that can reduce swellign in yoru ankles and legs.
Less salt and water. Swelling means intake of fluids is more than output. If you fix this equation you need no diuretics. You need to drink less than what you urinate. Then swelling will decrease and eventually goes away. Because most people with edema do not control intake they end up on diuretics. Salt control makes your body urinate more fluids (less retention) and help you drink less (less thirst).