Is there a way to get rid of a keloid scar?

Keloid treatments. There are a number of ways to attempt to treat keloids. These include compression, silicone gel sheeting, steroid injection, direct excision, and radiation therapy. Often when a single modality is not effective a combination of therapies can be used, such as surgical excision with steroid injection and post-operative compression.
Keloids are complex. Keloids are complex and difficult to predict and excision could make them worse. Treatment may vary from pressure, massage, silicone, injection, radiation, and last surgery.
Not in my experience. Occasional successes are reported, but the vast majority of all true keloids get worse when operated upon, no matter what the additional treatment. This is an active area of research, and the cure may be right around the corner, but it is not here yet. Remember, hypertrophic scars can be readily treated so be sure you are dealing with a true keloid before avoiding treatment.