How can I help a stiff neck caused by poor posture?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Many ways
The first thing to do is to understand what good posture looks like.
There are a number of resources for this but probably the best way to learn to take control of this yourself is to have a few sessions with a physical therapist who can teach you. Postural exercises looking in a mirror can help. One of my favorites is yoga which spends a great deal of time working on alignment.

In brief: Many ways
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Gerard Roberts
Posture is probably the most important thing with a stiff neck. Make sure your not doing any activity or exercises which may make the problem worse. Thanks.
Dr. Glen Kelley
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Better head position
If your neck pain is truly being caused by poor posture, then improving your posture is the obvious answer. The usual neck posture problem is keeping your head in a too forward position.
Try positioning your head further back with your ears centered over your shoulders and your chin tucked in a little. This positions your head in properly for your neck and often helps the neck stiffness.

In brief: Better head position
Dr. Glen Kelley
Dr. Glen Kelley