How to clear up a mildly itchy rash on my back?

Depends on the cause. There are many things that could cause the skin to itch. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Itchy back. Most itchiness is caused by dryness. First start with mild soap and less water exposure, add a moisturizer and if still itching then use some otc hydro-cortisone cream.