Can haldol (haloperidol) decanoate or zyprexa be the cause of excessive smelling flatulence and smelly feet? Also lack of regular bowel movements

In brief: Per Drugs.cOm

Constipation can occur in 1% to 10% with Haldol decanoate & in up to 11% with Zyprexa.
Flatulence can occur in 1 to 10% of people on Zyprexa. I have not found any reports of foot odor for either medication. Flatulence was not reported with Haldol decanoate.

In brief: Per Drugs.cOm

Dr. Austina Cho

In brief: Possibly

Flatulence and smelly feet are uncommon side effects of tx with Haldol (haloperidol) or zyprexa.
However, zyprexa is anticholinergic and may cause constipation or GI problems. If you have diabetes you may be at more risk for infections including athlete's foot with zyprexa. These problems would be less common with haldol (haloperidol).

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Austina Cho
Dr. Austina Cho