How do I get my doctor to admit me to the hospital for back pain?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Don't try
There is no need for a hospital admission to treat back pain.
To solve the problem, find an experienced pain specialist and get it treated.

In brief: Don't try
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
"Don't Try" ?????????...however when it is severe and the patient is suffering , I/V steroids other medications etc may when needed as last resort and may require as an admission! Text book answer is never admit but in the extreme case an admission my be necessary and humane!
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Emergency Room
If you have severe pain that has failed all out patient conservative treatments go to you er and have you doctor admit you for further evaluation.
This can be x-rays, MRI studies, certain medications that are given only in a hospital setting. Get pain management to see you, neurology consult etc. Just because you have back pain does not mean you "can't " be admitted. Maybe find a new dr.

In brief: Emergency Room
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Dr. Eric Weisman