How can I stop chewing on my lip and biting it with my teeth?

Dr. James Beck
Dentistry
In brief: Will power
Biting the lip and cheek is a common habit that is hard to get rid of.
I liken it to biting your nails because that is a bad habit that i had a hard time getting rid of. I finally realized that my nails looked bad and it was a gross habit and i willed myself to stop doing it. Notice when you are doing it..Stress related? Have friends and family point it out to you when you start.

In brief: Will power
Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Habit
It may just be a bad habit that you can stop by voluntary control.
On the other hand, it may be because you have an irritable nervous system caused by poor diet. A disease in chidren gives rise to lip biting and they have a high blood urid acid. It is an unlikely cause for you but it might be worth having your blood uric acid tested.

In brief: Habit
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Shontae Buffington