Do doctors in the us offer testing for mycoplasma genitalium or is it only in the research settting? Will it show up on pap smear?

Culture. Usual test is culture but it is not very effective. Nucleic acid tests have not been approved by fda. If you think you have mycoplasma, you need to be tested for other sexually transmitted infections. Mycoplasma can be treated with antibiotics. Pap smear is not a good test for this infection.