Help. Hip joint pain after dancing? Did not fall down.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Many reasons

Trochanteric bursitis, snapping hip, iliacus tendinitis, piriformis syndrome, femoral stress fracture, osteoarthritis.
Those some of the causes for hip pain in a dancer. Pleas check it out.Thank you.

In brief: Many reasons

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Stuart Springer
Once the above are checked out, may need an MRI to rule out a labral tear, especially in a dancer.
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: May not be joint

Pain around the hip may be the hip joint but there are other structures around the hip including bursas or tendons.
The pain you are having i suspect is related to bursitis. There are a variety of bursas around the hip and the most prominent is the greater trochanter. Trochanteric bursitis characteristically has pain on the outside of pelvis when touched. I suspect you injured this.

In brief: May not be joint

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine