Can sinus chest pain give you chest pain like a collapsed lung? Chest xray came back.Good

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Depends

It's hard for me to imagine the pain of a collapsed lung ( I have not have one) but i can imagine the sob.
In sinus problem you cough and can cause pain, even rib fracture which was ruled out by xr. I can also cause sudden pulls on the intercostals, hence chest wall pain. The inflammation from the same cause as the sinus problem, even viral etiology, can cause pleurisy.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Marie Trenga

In brief: Bronchitis

Sinuses are in your head, but some people will have a bronchitis - inflammation of the large airways - when they have a sinus infection.
Bronchitis may not show up on an x-ray but can cause sharp pain hen taking a deep breath.

In brief: Bronchitis

Dr. David Kagan
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: yes

It is easy to get a tightening feeling in your chest.
Usually happens with a lot of coughing.

In brief: yes

Usually happens with a lot of coughing.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine