Is rehab necessary for addiction treatment, or can I do it myself?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Depends

There are many options for treating addictions.
There is aa or na meetings, there is outpatient rehab where you would go to rehab but still work and stay at home. Medications can help for some addictions. So there is lots of help and you don't have to do it alone. If you feel your addiction is severe and you have the resources, in patient rehab is an excellent option, its a great headstart.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Necessary

Even though u can do it give yourself physical time out from your routines - it will give u a space and time to focus on physical withdrawal safely.

In brief: Necessary

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown