What's a good description of wegener's granulomatosis vasculitis?

Systemic vasculitis. Wegener's is a systemic vasculitis associated with the presence of specific blood tests known as a canca or pr3 antibodies. It usually presents as chronic sinusitis and more rarely pneumonia but can effect other areas of the body especially the kidneys, eyes, heart and nervous system. It is very serious but newer medications have provided effective treatment in most cases.
Inflammation.... ..Caused perhaps by an auto-immune response that can damage the lungs, sinuses, kidneys and occasionally small nerves. Its actually the blood vessels specifically in those organs I mentioned that get inflamed. Treatment is getting better, and more well tolerated as we understand the best, and safest, combinaiton (s) and sequences of drugs to use. The cause is not known.