Is it true that babies with colic are more easygoing later?

Dr. Thad Woodard

In brief: No

I have not heard this, nor is it my professional or personal experience.

In brief: No

Dr. Thad Woodard
Dr. Thad Woodard
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: No

There is no future predictions of behavior based upon " colicky " behavior. There can be multiple correctible causes of such behavior such as formula intolerance, reflux and such.
Peronality is, i think, genetic predisposition modified tremendously by environment. Thus colic may be a factor, but it is not written in stone.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: Colic

Colic is such a painful and stressful time for parents, that when it does ease off, it is like a miracle.
I would say that they are downright angelic when the colic ends and peace flows back into the household. As to the future: How you interact with your child is one of the biggest factors in his/her "easygoingness," no matter what his/her temperament is. Best of luck.

In brief: Colic

Dr. Christine Hom
Dr. Christine Hom

Colicky babies do outgrow their fussiness as they get older.

Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: No

Colic should be a diagnosis made only after other problems have been ruled out.
Babies can be fussy due to reflux, food allergies, etc.. Unfortunately, colic is not a predictor of future personality. However, on a positive note, it is also not a guarantee your child will always be difficult.

In brief: No

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz