What disorders are associated with sleep paralysis?

Sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis does not have to be associated with a sleep disorder as it can be a normal phenomenon especially in people that are sleep deprived. It is simply a marker of being sleepy for whatever reason. It can be seen in narcolepsy, idiopathic hypersomnia, sleep apnea, and chronic sleep deprivation. It can also be a normal phenomenon in individuals without any of those circumstances.
Sleep Paralysis. Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep. Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems. http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis#1.