Could losing weight actually get rid of polycystic ovary syndrome?

Help to control it. There's no cure for pcos. Although, weight loss is often helpful in controlling the symptoms and possible metabolic complications.
Controls, not rid of. Losing weight improves Insulin sensitivity and can decrease the risk of diabetes, and may help with abnormal bood cholesterol, but it does not get rid of polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos), which may have a genetic component. Weight loss and can make menstrual cycles more regular, with more frequent ovulation, improving fertility, and may increase the chance of embryo implantation if ivf is needed.
Definitely will help. Pcos is a spectrum where the affected the individual can be of normal, high or sometimes even low bmi. If you have extra weight, then losing weight will certainly help in improving your pcos profile as high bmi will lead to Insulin resistance which in turn will exacerbate your androgen levels.
Just Do It! Losing weight may make the symptoms of pcos go away (but perhaps not "cure" it). Nevertheless, the health benefits are huge because you may conceive w/o help, use less meds if help needed, have higher pregnancy rate, lower miscarriage rate, safer and healthier pregnancy. Overweight has enormous bad implications for health. So, "just do it" and benefit from improvement at all levels.