How painful is the carpal tunnel release surgery and how soon can I start using the PC since i process claims and need to do a lot of mouse clicking.

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Not too bad

For most patients, they are able to gradually resume most normal activities around 6 weeks after surgery.
Most do not require occupational therapy on the hand. However, ot can be helpful if the recovery is slow. Your hand will be sore and possibly swollen for the first few weeks. Fortunately, most patients have a very good outcome. Typical post-op pain is not too bad. Keyboard activities 3-4 wk.

In brief: Not too bad

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery

In brief: Carpal tunnel.

Carpal tunnel surgery is usually minimally uncomfortable.
I often encourage patients to get back to work early limiting activity based on the pain various procedures cause.

In brief: Carpal tunnel.

Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Eric Weisman