Colon cancer. Do you always have to have blood seen in your stools?

No. However, blood in stool should definitely be a flag. That is why colonoscopy is being recommenced as a screening tool....To find cancer before they cause obstruction or bleed enough to be detected. Screening criteria are always changing with the research. Your doctor will guide you.
No, almost never. Most of the time there is no visible blood in stools with colon cancer. There may be so called occult blood that requires a test on the feces.
Not always. Rectal bleeding can happen in almost 40-50% cases. Other symptoms that can happen include abdominal pain, change in bowel habits, weakness, anemia without other gastrointestinal symptoms, weight loss. Sometimes, colon cancer also can happen without having any significant symptoms-but is found during colonoscopy. Colonoscopy is very important screening test. Do not wait until you see bleeding.