Does HIV progress faster if some one is already ill with an auto immune disease such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis?

Dr. David Rosenthal
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: no

But, if someone has hiv, they should see an expert in HIV management and treatment.
I suggest looking for someone certified by the aahivm.

In brief: no

Dr. David Rosenthal
Dr. David Rosenthal
Dr. Chirag Vasa
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Nice question

Parhophysiology of both disease is different , progression of both disease depends on host factor , as HIV is now treatable and mange very well.
The only important think as co existence of both disease make vulnerable to more opportunistic diseases. Hiv is viral diseass and affect cd 4 cells and other memory cells. Needs to take care of both disease.

In brief: Nice question

Dr. Chirag Vasa
Dr. Chirag Vasa
Dr. Peter Kurzweil