Can my addiction to drugs effect my child?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

Alcoholism and other drug addiction have genetic and environmental causes.
Both have serious consequences for children who live in homes where parents are involved. More than 28 million americans are children of alcoholics; nearly 11 million are under the age of 18. This figure is magnified by the countless number of others who are affected by parents who are impaired by other psychoactive drugs.

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

There is a strong genetic component in addiction.
Also, environmental characteristics that facilitate your drug use will do the same for them. Also, the stress of a parent who uses drugs often induces maladaptive ways of coping.

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Shontae Buffington