What is the treatment for plantar fasciitis?

Anything that works. for you. PF is a difficult disease to treat and tends to be recurrent. Some patients respond with minimal treatment and most spontaneously improve or worsen no matter what we do. It is my opinion that most current therapies are not helpful, and stretching and icing makes no sense at all. Healing needs good circulation and some pain relief with rest, and focal massage therapy helps.
Plantar fascitis. Most common cause of heel pain is from plantar fasciitis, a pull/sprain of the plantar fascia from where it attaches to the heel bone on the btm of the foot. Txs include rigid arch support to decrease the pull of the fascia, combined with antiinflammatory medication (oral and/or injectable) to reduce the inflammation. A partial release may be done surgically in chronic cases that dont respond.
Several options . Treatment ranges from shoe supports to oral NSAID drugs (like ibuprofen) to steroid injections to surgery.
Combo treatment. . The more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes. #2: firm inserts or orthotics. #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doctor for dosing). #4: stretching your foot and calf. #5: icing (10 min at a time). You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections, or eswt if available in your area. Very few people go on to surgery, but it is a possible treatment.