What is the percentage of pregnancy in teens with unprotected sex with pull out method?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: HIGH

Depends on if female is tracking and avoiding intercourse near ovulation.
If not, can be almost 10%. There is nothing wrong with condom use, and it prevents std spread as well.

In brief: HIGH

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Bottom line is that the pull out method is risky if you want to avoid pregnancy. Agree with Dr. Alves - condom use will help to prevent both STDs & pregnancy.
Dr. Jane Steiner

In brief: Rate pretty high!

I don't know the exact percentage (sorry) but i would guess the pregnancy rate is pretty high, much higher than the teens using this method had hoped.
It is a totally unreliable method of contraception and unless you are ready to get pregnant, please--go to a clinic or to your doctor and get a real method of contraception! also think safe sex--use condoms too!

In brief: Rate pretty high!

Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr. Adam Levy