I get a shooting pain on left breast, should I get mammogram?

Breast pain. There are many causes of breast region pain. If it is persistent, go to your doctor to get evaluated. Mammography may or may not be needed.
Breast Pain. Breast pain can be from a variety of sources--recent exercise or pulled muscle, poor supporting bra, timing in menstrual cycle, etc. Performing self-breast examination monthly will help you assess any interval changes in your breast contour. If breast pain does not respond to an over the counter analgesic medication, or it persists, you may wish to have it further evaluated.