Doctor thinks I have pneumonia.Started antiobiotics. Fever stopped. Heart rate very high (85-100). I'm worried, is it normal?

Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See below

It would not be unusual for you to have a mild to moderate increase in pulse rate during early treatment for pneumonia.
85-100 is not a very high heart rate. The fact that your fever is better suggests your antibiotic treatment is effective. If you are feeling better don't worry about a pulse of 85-100. It will return to your baseline after resolution of your pneumonia and any deconditioning.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Pneumonia

It surely sounds like you are having a successful and normal recovery from pneumonia.

In brief: Pneumonia

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine