How do I get over my health anxiety..Particularly heart anxiety?..My ekgs..Echo . Stress test came back normal along with my blood work..Help?!

Dr. Lance Berger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Talk therapy

If you are having anxiety about your health, and you are healthy, it may help to speak to a professional therapist.
This can be invaluable to help you feel better.

In brief: Talk therapy

Dr. Lance Berger
Dr. Lance Berger
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Health anxiety

You're on your way to feeling better if your doctors have examined you, found no physical health problems, and you know that health anxiety explains your concerns.
So now you need treatment for the anxiety. A good psychotherapist and psychiatrist can help with this over time. Medications may help, but also talking ; developing certain anxiety management skills will help too. Ask dr. For referrals.

In brief: Health anxiety

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Anxiety

The last thing a 28 year old woman should be worrying about is a heart attack.
It sounds like you have an anxiety disorder, which your doctors should be treating rather than ordering unnecessary ekgs, echos, and stress tests!

In brief: Anxiety

Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Stuck Thoughts?

Repeated unwanted thoughts re: having a health issue is common manifestation of OCD.
For compelling story about how such obsessions can take over one's life, read this excerpt of David Adam's personal story of living in fear of contracting HIV: http://www.npr.org/books/titles/376433853/the-man-who-couldnt-stop-ocd-and-the-true-story-of-a-life-lost-in-thought#excerpt | Consult with OCD specialist.

In brief: Stuck Thoughts?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine