My first wisdom tooth is starting to grow out, I have swelling and pain on that side of my jaw, how long will it take until i can get it removed?

In brief: Wisdom tooth

Check with your dentist to make sure the swelling and pain is from the wisdom tooth.
It is not unusual to have some discomfort when the tooth is erupting through the gum. Your dentist or an oral surgeon can determine by examination and x-rays if the tooth should be removed.

In brief: Wisdom tooth

Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

When you can get the wisdom tooth (teeth) out will depend upon when your dentist can schedule you an appointment for evaluation and treatment or referral to an oral surgeon for the procedure.

In brief: Depends

Dr. BEHRAM DALAL
Dentistry

In brief: The sooner

The better. Please consult with your dentist / oral surgeon for an exam x-ray and treatment options.
Hope this helps.

In brief: The sooner

Hope this helps.
Dr. Jack Hinkle