I was just told that i'm anemic and my body is not absorbing b12. What would cause this and how can I do to imprive this?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Vit B12

Absorption of vit B12 can be interrupted if one is lacking intrinsic factor, or in the setting of autoimmune gastritis- that also can happen.
You will need to get replacement of vit B12 if the level is low- that can be given via- sublingual, nasal spray or intramuscular injection. Discuss with your doctor.

In brief: Vit B12

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Thomas Rohde
General Practice

In brief: Use sublingual form

Gut absorption is effected by many things.
Food allergy and subsequent inflammation, colonization with abnormal bacteria or candida, lack of intrinsic factor which is needed to absorb b12, etc. Easiest fix is to use a sublingual tablet or liquid regularly with 5000mcg daily for a month then decrease to 1000mcg several times a week and recheck a level.

In brief: Use sublingual form

Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Vicken Poochikian