I have to count to 25 when I go into a room or do a task such as eating and use hand sanatiser a lot. Do I have a mental disorder?

Dr. Christopher Dowd

In brief: Maybe

First let me say that "mental disorders" are much more common than most people realize.
Further, proper diagnosis for mental disorders--just like most physical disorders--requires a more complete evaluation than just a few sentences. So although the symptoms you're describing may be a sign of a particular condition, i'd recommend seeing your doctor for proper eval and care.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Possibly OCD..

You may have an obsessive-compulsive-disorder, which is relatively common and not dangerous.
Your case seemingly is mild and some cognitive-behavioral therapy may help. Fortunately there are many treatment options for such condition and i would encourage u to consult your doc for an evaulation... Good luck to you..

In brief: Possibly OCD..

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Eric Weisman