I am 21& having floaters for 2yrs, i see a black stationary spot in the corner of my left eye when i squint very very hard, could this be a retinal tear?

Dr. Colin McCannel
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: If new, need exam

If they are new onset, get an eye exam urgently.
Floaters in the eye have several causes. The most common cause is degeneration of the vitreous fluid. The floaters gradually get worse, and persist. Sudden increase in floaters may be caused by vitreous separation (detachment) and may associated with a retinal tear or detachment, and an urgent eye exam is advisable.

In brief: If new, need exam

Dr. Christine Norton

In brief: Yes it could be

Floaters can be a sign of serious things like retinal tears, retinal detachment, or hemorrhage.
They also can be a symptom of types of migraines. Bottom line, you need to have your eyes checked by an eye doctor to make sure everything is ok.

In brief: Yes it could be

Dr. Adam Smith