Can an ultrasound miss a dvt?

Sometimes. If symptoms persist get repeat ultrasound in 7 to 10 days.
Yes. Absolutely. This test is a good screening test for those being suspected of having a dvt, but it is not 100%. The location, the size of the dvt, and much dependence on the experty/skill of the tech performing the procedure. It is indeed a convenient/easy to do test. A venogram is the gold-standard, but it is a more involved test and requires a dye as well as exposure to radiation. I hope u r ok... Good luck..
Unfortunately, yes. The most important factor in the accuracy of a venous ultrasound is skill and experience of the person doing the scan. Clots in calf veins are harder to find. The veins are smaller and the clots can be very small too. One real problem with scanning veins is the tremendous variation that occurs in the anatomy of different people's veins. As dr. Korona said, sometimes a repeat scan is needed.
Yes but uncommon. No test is perfect, and so the answer is yes it could miss a dvt. However this is not common, and sometimes if it is missed it means it is a small clot or a clot in a smaller, more distal (farther away) leg vein. If you're unsure bring up your concerns with your doctor and have a discussion about what else could be going on.