Sx needed? Mri states talofibular lig torn with no normal visual fibers seen and calcaneofibular lig thickening. Feels unstable and cannot wb.

Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Ankle Instablity

Ankle instablity can be caused by a disruption of one of the ligaments in the ankle.
If you have ruptured your talo fibular ligament and have been treated conservativly and have not improved then surgery probably is indicated. I would discuss your conerns and questions with your surgeon before proceding with any surgical management.

In brief: Ankle Instablity

Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. David Rothwell

In brief: Torn ankle ligaments

You need to see an orthopedic surgeon asap! this is a significant ankle injury and without proper treatment and rehabilitation you will quite possibly have life long problems with this ankle.

In brief: Torn ankle ligaments

Dr. David Rothwell
Dr. David Rothwell
Dr. Peter Kurzweil