What to do for shooting pain from hip joint along hip flexor or from knee to hip on same leg? Not constant, but occassional when exercising?

See Ortho surgeon. A history/ physical exam by an ors should be able to give u the correct dx.When exercising it could be muscle or tendon irritation, nerve irritation from your back , or possibly an early arthritic hip condition which can refer pain to the knee....Based soley on your hx . And age i would examine your hip closely and x-ray the affected hip...