80 yr old w/ cancer btween kidney/colon with lung metastasis, giving her nexavar (sorafenib) & pain patches overall health has decreased is radiation good option?

Dr. Gena Kluwe

In brief: Complicated question

I don't think i or anyone can answer this for you as welll as the oncologist can or the team who is treating your loved one.
Nexavar (sorafenib) is for a few advanced stage cancers. At age 80 with metastatic disease and overall decline in her health, sounds like whatever is being done including radiation would be palliative (to ease her suffering). Talk openly with providers about goals. God bless you.

In brief: Complicated question

Dr. Gena Kluwe
Dr. Gena Kluwe
Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: May notbe

Role of radiation in this setting is for palliation (relieve symptoms); if his symptoms are well controlled and no spinal compression; the role for radiation is limited.

In brief: May notbe

Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology