I have a really annoying cough that just won't go away if I talk I cough every other word in bed I cough constantly what can this be just a cold?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Possibilities...
Possibilities include post-nasal drip, gerd, especially if it worsens when you lie down.
Another possibility is bronchospasm from any cause. These diagnoses all have different treatments so an evaluation by your doctor is necessary for diagnosis and treatment. If you smoke, you need to quit and you doctor can also help with this.

In brief: Possibilities...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Maybe
Coughing can be caused by a variety of things.
A 'cold' or other respiratory infection is usually caused by a virus and resolves in 5-7 days, if it is getting worse or not resolving with standard over the counter remedies you should see your doctor.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology