Wisdom tooth is causing my cheek and gum areas to swell, and it hurts to open my mouth. Appointment not for 3 days. Anything that can help till then?

Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: OTC meds

Alternate 600 mg.
Of Ibuprofen with 2 tylenol (acetaminophen) each 3 hours. Apply cold packs if that helps and hopefully you should be able to be seen early in the week. If that isn't doing the trick, en emergency room will have stronger pain meds available.

In brief: OTC meds

Alternate 600 mg.
Dr. John DeWolf
Dr. John DeWolf
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
If swelling is present you need to take antibiotics. I would recomend an emergency trip to a dentist or ER

In brief: wiz tooth pain

Call the dentist who will be pulling the teeth advil and tylenol (acetaminophen) would be helpful also lots of warm salt water rinses limit eating to soft foods.

In brief: wiz tooth pain

Dr. Marshall Dicker
Dr. Marshall Dicker
Dr. Arnon Rubin