How does one differentiate between RA and fibromyalgia?

See a rheumatologist. Fibromyalgia is a type of amplified pain syndrome.Although this is not a condition that involves the immune system in any way, a rheumatologist may be able to help you.Often people with fibromyalgia have poor sleep habits (or poor quality sleep), do not do any regular mild exercise, may need a physical therapist, and could have undiagnosed/untreated depression or anxiety.Ra is an autoimmune disease.
Very different . Ra involves swollen small joints (big and medium knuckles, wrists). Fibromyalgia is pain throughout the body. Stop smoking! it is likely fueling your RA and making your Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) not near as helpful!