Whats happening to my ovaries while im on the pill? I've been on the pill for 7 years, is this healthy? Are my eggs just accumulating?

In brief: No ovulation
The way the birth control pill works is to prevent ovulation as well as the development of mature egg ( referred to as follicular development) women are born with a certain number of eggs .
We do not continue to make them therefore you will not overload your ovaries with more and more eggs . In fact with respect to overall ovarian health there is a decreased risk of ovarian cancer with ocp use.

In brief: No ovulation
Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams
Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams
Dr. Adam Levy