Side effects of taking too much crestor (rosuvastatin) when starting to take it after 3 months of none? Took whole instead of half pill. Should I skip tomorrow?

Dr. Tim McDonough
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: None.
Unlikely to make any difference one way or the other. Crestor (rosuvastatin) lasts in the body longer than other statins.

In brief: None.
Dr. Tim McDonough
Dr. Tim McDonough
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Usually not
Most of my patients who experience side effects of Crestor (rosuvastatin) really are not having side effects and they are coincidental.
You should continue the medication and call your doctor. Most of my patients who have joint pain, but stay on the med have it resolve and find out something else made them sore.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology