I have an angiogram coming up, I am so scared as it is my first procedure. What can I do to calm my self. Ease my mind please!?

Dr. Delight Thompson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Worrying
Worrying about the unknown can cause anticipation anxiety.
Strategies include: Exercise, yoga, Meditation, focus on here and now, develop an action plan, build social support, plan for procedure, educate yourself, focus on what you can do and can control. Free Apps: 1)MyCalmBeat, 2)StressCheck, 3)TacticalBreather, 4)LifeArmor, 5)Breathe2Relax, 6)BioZen, 7) BinauralBeats 8)InstantHeartRate

In brief: Worrying
Dr. Delight Thompson
Dr. Delight Thompson
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Remind yourself that you will be in the hands of professionals who are interested in nothing more than your well being and successful recovery. That is all they care about and you can trust them.
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Nothing 2 it
I've had 9 over the yrs never had a problem one pt went 2 the hospital after accidentally shooting herself in the leg--i asker what tests she had in the hospital & she said "i think i had an artillery gram!" (:.

In brief: Nothing 2 it
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: What kind of angiogr
What kind of angiogram? Discussiing the reason for having it and how it is performed will ease your mind.
Can also help reading about it.

In brief: What kind of angiogr
Can also help reading about it.
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
In brief: Valium
Ask your doc for some medication to help you calm down.
Use your fear to help motivate you to take better care of yourself so you won't need another angiogram. Eat healthy and prevent heart disease. Check out www. Zonediet.Com.

In brief: Valium
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Umesh Patel